Nuclear Alloys is a specialty metals supplier and CNC machining facility located in New York’s Buffalo Niagara Region.
We got our start in 1976 as a distributor to various OEMs serving the Defense Industry. Since then we’ve evolved into a full-service processing center with commercial and defense customers across the US.
Our core capabilities include waterjet cutting, laser cutting, milling, turning, and flattening. Nuclear Alloys was among the first shops to implement waterjet cutting technology in the early 1990s. Since then we’ve grown into one of the largest waterjet shops in the Northeast. We have added various CNC machining equipment, a FiberOptic laser, and a roller leveler for plate flattening. In 2018 we completed construction of a new facility to house our machine shop.
During this diversification Nuclear Alloys has continued to expand the specialty metals portion of our business. We stock a variety of nickel alloys in bar and plate, often dual certified to MIL and commercial specs. Our company is well versed in understanding government contracts and the strict quality requirements this industry demands.
- Nuclear Power Generation
- Military and Defense
- Shipbuilding and Repair
- Valve Manufacturing
- Industrial Pressure Vessel
- Heat Exchanger
- Liquid Filling Machines
- Filtration and Desalination
Our Commitment to Quality
For over 40 years quality has been the number one focus of Nuclear Alloys. Full traceability and documentation is the standard in everything from raw material sales to machined parts. Here is a brief overview of our quality program:
- ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D Certified (Click here to Download Certificate)
- ITAR Certified
- Also conforms to MIL-I-45208 based quality program
- Helmel Phoenix CMM with DCC controlled Geomet Software
- Regularly audited by a variety of defense and commercial customers
- 10CFR21 procedure
- MIL-STD-45662 based calibration program
- Material and services supplied through approved vendors